12. LDK Solar (LDK) is a vertically integrated manufacturer of PV products and is the world's largest producer of multi-crystalline solar wafers.
LDK agreed to acquire a 70% share in Solar Power for around $33 million, in January, in a move that will benefit both parties. The partnership will fortify Solar Power's balance sheet and LDK will be able to leverage the development portfolio of the acquired company.
LDK management anticipates improved business performance for full-year 2011. It expects revenue in the range of $3.5 billion to $3.7 billion, wafer shipments of 2.7 gigawatts to 2.9 gigawatts, module shipments of 800 MW to 900 MW, and gross margin between 23.0% and 28.0% for 2011.The stock delivered around 58% during the last one year. Analysts polled by Bloomberg are upbeat and expect the stock to deliver around 20% in a year's time. With 42% buy ratings, the stock is trading at 6.1 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV