Qwest Communications (NYSE: Q) and CoSentry, a one-source provider of cloud computing and managed technical services, announced today the implementation of Qwest’s high capacity fiber network. Qwest Metro Optical Ethernet (QMOE) will support CoSentry clients’ data center, managed hosting and cloud computing needs.
- Qwest has extended its IP fabric directly into the CoSentry data centers which means CoSentry’s data center clients may connect to the Internet directly and avoid paying local loop fees.
- As one of the Tier one nationwide network providers serving CoSentry, Qwest will interconnect CoSentry’s four data centers located in Kansas City, MO; Omaha, NE; Papillon, NE and Sioux Falls, SD with QMOE, a completely meshed Ethernet network that provides bandwidth speeds up to 1 Gigabit per second (Gbps) and connects back to Qwest’s IP backbone which covers the entire United States.
- Because the solution is secure and flexible, CoSentry clients can have confidence that their mission-critical data is accessible and protected.
- CoSentry customers will benefit from the addition of services and capabilities that allow their clients to control their IT capacity needs and dynamically expand as business needs warrant.
- With Qwest’s highly reliable and high speed network, CoSentry will be better positioned to capitalize on the growth stemming from their Secure Cloud Services offering and collocation business.
- Backed by a strong record of compliance and security, Qwest’s network is integral for CoSentry to serve its financial, transportation, energy, e-commerce, government and education clients.
Blake Wetzel, vice president, Sales for Qwest Business Partner Program:
“Qwest solutions expand and enhance the connectivity between businesses and their customers. By teaming with Qwest Business Partner Program’s Evolving Solutions, we are helping CoSentry deliver the cutting edge solutions that this carrier-neutral data center customer needs in today’s complex world.”