NEW YORK, March 16, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fossil, Inc. (Nasdaq:FOSL) ("Fossil") and Michael Kors, Inc. are pleased to further their existing relationship to debut the Michael Kors Fall 2011 jewelry collection, offering women's earrings, necklaces, bracelets and rings.
Michael Kors first partnered with Fossil in Fall 2004 to launch the highly coveted Michael Kors watch line. With the support of Fossil's established global watch business, the jewelry collection will draw upon the iconic details that represent the Michael Kors jet set lifestyle. Through the use of chain detail, mixed materials and iconic hardware, the collection will carry out Michael Kors' vision to deliver to the modern woman "the perfect jewelry box." The pieces will offer clients a new product category but will also maintain the metal finishes and leather detailing that coincide with the brand's current accessories lines.
Michael Kors has long seen accessories as the accents that distinguish a woman's style, and he is excited to offer a new way for women to complete their wardrobes. "I've always thought of accessories as the exclamation point of a woman's outfit. Now, with my jewelry collection, I can deliver the full spectrum of the Michael Kors vision for a truly fabulous look," Michael Kors noted."We believe there is a strong demand for luxury fashion jewelry. This category represents a natural extension of the Michael Kors brand as an essential component in completing the jet-set lifestyle. We are thrilled to be continuing our partnership with Fossil. Given our successes with our watch business, we see the jewelry category having great global potential for our business," stated John D. Idol, Chief Executive Officer. Kosta Kartsotis, Chief Executive Officer of Fossil commented, "We are very pleased to expand our partnership with Michael Kors by adding the jewelry collection to our rapidly growing Michael Kors watch business."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV