NEW YORK, March 15, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Loral Space & Communications Inc. (Nasdaq:LORL) today reported its financial results for the year and fourth quarter ended December 31, 2010.
- Telesat and Space Systems/Loral (SS/L) financial results continued to reflect strong operating performance. 1
- Adjusted EBITDA 2 for the year at SS/L was $143 million, 58 percent higher than in 2009.
- Loral's liquidity is strong with year end cash of $166 million, no debt, and a new SS/L credit agreement that increases the revolver capacity to $150 million.
- SS/L booked six satellite orders in 2010.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the year at Telesat was $607 million, 24 percent higher than in 2009.
- Telesat's future growth will be enhanced by the procurement of its third satellite currently under construction, and by its agreement to acquire Loral's ownership of the ViaSat-1 broadband payload over Canada.
- Despite increased sales, new order flow resulted in continued robust backlog at both SS/L and Telesat.
- Loral's strong performance and future expectations resulted in accounting recognition of its deferred tax benefit of $335 million, which had previously been offset by a valuation allowance.
- Announced plans to explore strategic alternatives at both SS/L and Telesat are continuing.
Combined segment revenues and Adjusted EBITDA for the year were $1.962 billion and $732 million, respectively, compared to $1.700 billion and $557 million, respectively, for 2009. Combined segment revenues and Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter of 2010 were $533 million and $186 million, respectively, compared to $447 million and $166 million, respectively in the fourth quarter of 2009. All of Telesat's revenue and Adjusted EBITDA are included in these segment results. Loral's income statement, however, reflects its 64 percent economic interest in Telesat under the equity method of accounting, and accordingly, does not consolidate Telesat's financial results with those of the company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV