China RTO Stocks Slide After China Media Bombshell
(Chinese reverse merger article updated from March 15.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- A day after China MediaExpress (CCME) revealed that its former auditor believes the company is worthy of an investigation into possibly dubious accounting practices, a handful of small-cap Chinese stocks sold off sharply on Tuesday.
Fraud allegations have buffeted share prices among these names since last year, as more of the investing public begins to doubt the integrity -- rightly or wrongly -- of financial statements emanating from the People's Republic.
Of course, on Tuesday, the nuclear crisis in Japan and the broad and vicious slide in equities around the world didn't help Chinese small-cap names.But more than a few of those stocks, most of which came public in the U.S. through a controversial process called a reverse merger, declined by more than 6% on heavy volumes during Tuesday's trading session. Many have been in the public eye before, accused of financial chicanery of one sort or another by short sellers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV