- For the year ended December 31, 2010, Building Supply segment sales increased by 26.8% to $19.4 million from $15.3 million for the year ended December 31, 2009.
- Inventory increased by $4.2 million, or 32.3%, to $17.3 million as of December 31, 2010 from $13.1 million as of December 31, 2009; although up year to date, both Disposable Protective Apparel and Infection Control segment inventories were down from September 30, 2010; inventory for the Building Supply segment increased to $5.9 million as a result of increased sales during 2010, and expected future sales.
- The Company continues to broaden and diversify the distribution network for its Disposable Protective Apparel segment as it shifts its Critical Cover® product line from its previous exclusive distributor relationship to a network of distributors.
- For the second year in a row, Alpha Pro Tech received an award for Outstanding Sales Growth Results in its category from a major international supply chain partner in the Disposable Protective Apparel segment; sales to this major strategic channel partner nearly doubled in 2010.
Alpha Pro Tech, Ltd. (NYSE Amex: APT) a leading manufacturer of products designed to protect people, products and environments, including disposable protective apparel and building products, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2010.
Consolidated sales for the fourth quarter of 2010 decreased 54.0% to $8.7 million from $18.9 million in the comparable quarter in 2009. Sales for the Disposable Protective Apparel segment for the fourth quarter of 2010 decreased by 57.8% to $2.8 million, compared to $6.5 million for the same period in 2009. Building Supply segment sales for the fourth quarter of 2010 increased by 11.5% to $4.5 million, compared to $4.0 million for the same period in 2009. The sales mix of the Building Supply segment for the fourth quarter of 2010 was 69% for synthetic roof underlayment and 31% for housewrap. This compared to 74% for synthetic roof underlayment and 26% for housewrap for the fourth quarter of 2009. Infection Control segment sales for the fourth quarter of 2010 decreased by 83.2% to $1.4 million compared, to $8.4 million for the same period in 2009. Mask sales were down by 89.1%, or $6.6 million, and shield sales were down by 58.1%, or $0.5 million, in the fourth quarter of 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV