It's important to remember that despite the somewhat ominous tone that the market's taking short-term, there are potential upside setups to be had. Such is the case with defense contracting giant Lockheed Martin (LMT) right now. Following a large rally in shares this stock is consolidating in a tight range -- one that provides a solid "if/then scenario" for traders.
If shares break above upside resistance, it's time to buy shares. Otherwise, a break below support makes LMT another prospective short play. Either way, when a break does occur, the ideal stop-loss position is inside the channel around $80.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. At the time of publication, author had no positions in stocks mentioned. Jonas Elmerraji, based out of Baltimore, is the editor and portfolio manager of the Rhino Stock Report, a free investment advisory that returned 15% in 2008. He is a contributor to numerous financial outlets, including Forbes and Investopedia, and has been featured in Investor's Business Daily, in Consumer's Digest and on MSNBC.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV