Atlantic American Corporation (Nasdaq: AAME) today announced that, on March 8, 2011, it received from The Nasdaq Stock Market (“Nasdaq”) Listing Qualifications Department a letter indicating that the Company had regained compliance with the audit committee composition requirements of the Nasdaq Listing Rules.
“We are pleased to have regained compliance with all Nasdaq listing requirements and to have this matter fully resolved. Now we look forward to focusing on continuing our company’s successes and bringing additional value to our shareholders,” said Hilton Howell, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer.
Atlantic American is an insurance holding company involved through its subsidiary companies in specialty markets of the life, health, property and casualty insurance industries. Its principal insurance subsidiaries include American Southern Insurance Company, American Safety Insurance Company and Bankers Fidelity Life Insurance Company.
Note regarding Private Securities Litigation Reform Act: Except for
information regarding historical facts contained herein, this press
release contains forward-looking statements that involve a number of
risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially from
those indicated by such forward-looking statements due to a number of
factors and risks detailed from time to time in statements and reports
that Atlantic American Corporation has filed with the Securities and
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV