NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Trina Solar (TSL), ReneSola (SOL) and GT Solar (SOLR) are among the 10 energy stocks with the best returns on equity. These 10 stocks' returns on equity over the past 12 months ranged from about 34% to more than 300%.
Analysts expect most of these 10 energy stocks to outperform their peers and the broader markets, based on analysts' 12-month price targets. These targets also indicate that these stocks could rise up to 69% over the next year.
These 10 stocks are listed based on return on equity, and are ranked lowest to highest.Please note that we calculate return on equity by subtracting cash preferred dividends from net income for the past 12 months and then dividing the result by average common shareholder equity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV