Williams-Sonoma earned $113.4 million, or $1.05 a share, in the fourth quarter vs. year-earlier earnings of $88.4 million, or 81 cents a share.
On an adjusted basis, fourth-quarter earnings were $1.08 a share.
Net revenue in the quarter rose to $1.195 billion from $1.09 billion. Internet sales rose 27.2% and same-store sales increased 5.2%.Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected the retailer to earn 98 cents a share in the quarter on revenue of $1.185 billion. The company also raised its quarterly dividend by 13% to 17 cents a share. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV