NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Chinese media and entertainment services provider Subaye (SBAY) was plunging 24.3% to $4.48 in premarket trading Tuesday after the company announced the resignation of its chief financial officer.
Uranium company Denison Mines (DNN) was down 19.6% to $2.05 and peer Uranium Resources (URRE) was down 17.1% to $1.45 in the wake of the nuclear crisis in Japan.
Solar company Yingli Green Energy (YGE) was up 10% to $12.39 and Trina Solar (TSL) was up 5.2% to $27.34, as alternative energy sectors surged in anticipation of stronger demand amid Japan's nuclear crisis.
Shares of Sony (SNE) were tumbling 8.2% to $28.53 in premarket trading Tuesday as the electronics company suspended production in Japan in the aftermath of the earthquake, while automaker Toyota (TM) fell 6.8% to $76.20 after saying it would halt production at its domestic plants through Wednesday -- a production loss of 40,000 cars.
Shares in General Electric (GE) were slumping 6% to $18.73 in premarket trading Tuesday. GE designed the reactors used at the damaged Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant in Japan.
Oil giant Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A) was flat at $67.12 after raising its oil production target to 3.7 million barrels of oil per day in 2014.
Specialty retailer Williams-Sonoma (WSM) reported fourth-quarter adjusted earnings of $1.08 a share, exceeding the Wall Street consensus estimate of 98 cents.
>>Search for Highest Dividends by Rate or Yield
|More on Earnings Today's Top Earnings|
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Andrea Tse. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV