Stillwater Mining Company Stock Downgraded (SWC)
- The gross profit margin for STILLWATER MINING CO is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.70%. Regardless of SWC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SWC's net profit margin of 11.40% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 328.57% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 55.79% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 257.65% to $28.58 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, STILLWATER MINING CO's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 284.54%.
- STILLWATER MINING CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, STILLWATER MINING CO turned its bottom line around by earning $0.51 versus -$0.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.69 versus $0.51).
- SWC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 32.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 42.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV