Portfolio and Investment Activity
THL Credit closed on $49.3 million of investments in four new companies and a follow-on investment for an existing portfolio company during the fourth quarter, as follows:
- $12.0 million in the senior secured note of OEM Group, Inc., a global provider of capital equipment solutions to worldwide makers of silicone devices, based in Gilbert, AZ;
- $10.8 million in the senior secured term loan and revolving loan of T&D Solutions, LLC, a provider of maintenance and construction services for electrical transmission and distribution lines throughout the Gulf States region, based in Alexandria, LA;
- $13.0 million in the senior subordinated note and equity of C&K Market, Inc., a family-owned business and operator of supermarkets and pharmacies primarily in rural communities in Oregon and Northern California, headquartered in Brookings, OR;
- $12.5 million in the senior secured term loan of Purple Communications, Inc., a provider of communication services for people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech disabled, headquartered in Rocklin, CA; and
- $1.0 million follow-on investment in Healthcarefirst, Inc. to fund an acquisition.
These transactions bring the total fair value of THL Credit's investment portfolio to $153.5 million across thirteen portfolio companies at the end of the year. There was one partial prepayment of $1.1 million during the quarter on its investment in Intelligrated, Inc. This investment was fully prepaid in February 2011.
As of Dec. 31, 2010, THL Credit's investment portfolio at fair value was allocated 52 percent in subordinated debt, 37 percent in senior secured debt, 8 percent in income-producing equity interests and 3 percent in equity. The weighted average yield of the debt and income producing equity securities in the investment portfolio at their current cost basis was 16.6 percent. The weighted average yield on its debt investments at their current cost basis was 15.8 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV