For fiscal year 2011, the Company expects sales to range between $135 - $140 million, which does not give effect to new category launches or the impact from possible acquisitions. The Company further noted gross margins are expected to range between 36% and 39% during fiscal year 2011. The Company also expects, despite the planned near-term increase in platform capabilities, to remain profitable and cash flow positive.
Net Operating Loss
The Company estimates that it has available net operating loss carryforwards for U.S. federal income tax purposes of approximately $225.8 million, after application of the limitation under Section 382 of the Internal Revenue Code, as amended. The Company's common stock is subject to a Rights Agreement dated February 7, 2008, designed to assist in limiting the number of 5% or more owners and thus reduce the risk of a possible "change of ownership" under Section 382 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended. Any such "change of ownership" under these rules would limit or eliminate the ability of the Company to use its existing NOLs for federal income tax purposes. There is no guaranty, however, that the Rights Agreement will achieve the objective of preserving the value of the NOLs.
Conference Call DetailsThe Company noted that, as previously announced, it will hold a conference call today, March 14, 2011, at 5:00 p.m. ET to discuss its strategic plan and the guidance contained in this press release. The call can be accessed by dialing 1-877-407-0789 (U.S. participants) or 1-201-689-8562 (International participants). Callers should ask to be connected to Black Diamond, Inc. teleconference and provide the conference ID number: 368626. A replay of the call will be available starting on March 14, 2011 at 7:15 pm ET by dialing 1-877-870-5176 (U.S.) or 1-858-384-5517 (International). The replay access code is 368626. The replay will be available through March 28, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV