BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Goldman Sachs (GS) has added 19 stocks to its Conviction Buy List in 2011 and removed others. For investors willing to go against the grain and buy stocks in a down market, the global investment bank's picks may offer substantial upside. Of those 19 new Conviction Buys, the following eight offer the most potential, based on current price targets. Each is expected to rise at least 20% and as much as 36% in the next 12 months.
8. Buckeye Partners (BPL) is an oil-and-gas storage and transportation company. It is structured as a master limited partnership, a unique corporate structure that's required to pay the majority of its cash flow to shareholders in exchange for preferential tax treatment. Buckeye owns a pipeline for refined petroleum products spanning 5,400 miles in the eastern and mid-western U.S. Its stock has fallen 5.4% in 2011. It pays a quarterly distribution, taxed differently than a qualified dividend, of 99 cents, converting to an annualized yield of 6.3%.
Buckeye's adjusted fourth-quarter earnings rose 51% to 66 cents, missing analysts' consensus target by 31%. Sales, up 75%, beat consensus by an impressive 55%. Buckeye's stock sells for a forward earnings multiple of 17, a 19% premium to its oil-and-gas peer average. Of analysts covering the equity, four, or one third, advise purchasing it and eight advise holding. None advocate selling. Goldman expects the stock to rise 20% to $76. Barclays ranks Buckeye "equal weight", expecting it to appreciate to $71. Deutsche Bank rates it "hold", predicting a drop to $60.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV