In response to the devastation caused by the earthquake in Japan, American Express Company (NYSE: AXP) today announced that it will donate $100,000 to the Red Cross and Save the Children to support relief efforts. American Express will also match employee donations for relief efforts.
In addition, American Express will rebate the merchant discount rate for charitable contributions made on the American Express Card directly to the U.S. entity of non-profit organizations listed on the USAID website ( www.usaid.gov) for Japan earthquake and tsunami relief. The rebate is effective retroactively from March 11 through May 15, 2011.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at www.americanexpress.com and connect with us on www.facebook.com/americanexpress, www.twitter.com/americanexpress and www.youtube.com/americanexpress.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV