Cramer said there's no denying that the situation in Japan is horrible, but he has faith in the Japanese ability for a quick rebound.On the sixth anniversary of "Mad Money," Cramer reminded viewers that natural disasters spur economic activity, and ultimately that's good news for stocks. He said companies like Caterpillar (CAT), a stock which he owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, is a logical choice, as just about all of the company's equipment and generators will be in high demand. Also on the list of gainers, companies like Fluor (FLR), another Action Alerts PLUS name, along with Eaton (ETN) and Emerson Electric (EMR). On the materials side, Cramer said he likes Alcoa (AA), the smart play on aluminum, as well as Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) for other raw materials. For all other stocks, Cramer said investors need to ask, "Will Japan cause this company to have more orders, or less?" In most cases, the answer will be neither, which is why Cramer said he's not advocating liquidating portfolios on the Japanese disaster. Cramer said Japan needn't be all doom and gloom, the country will rebuild stronger than before.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV