Retiring Boomers Can't Rely on Social Security
NEW YORK ( MainStreet) -- Fighting the ebbing tide of an adverse economy, America's senior citizens are becoming increasingly dependent on Social Security for their retirement income. In fact, it might be the last line of financial defense for aging Americans, and at the worst possible time.
For starters, the oldest members of the baby boomer generation -- 77 million strong -- have already reached age 65 and are heading into retirement. With more Americans collecting Social Security and fewer working to contribute to the government-sponsored, taxpayer-funded pension plan, that puts even more pressure on the system.
|Social Security could be becoming the last line of financial defense for aging Americans at the worst possible time.|
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV