2. Luby's is a holding company engaged in the restaurant business with culinary contract services and franchise operations. The company operates Luby's cafeterias (96), Fuddruckers and Koo-Koo-Roo stores (59), and culinary contract services (19), as of second quarter 2011.
Both the analysts covering the stock rate a buy and estimate 38.8% upside to $6.8 from current levels.
For 2011 second quarter, revenue from restaurant sales grew $21 million, or 41.3% to $71.8 million from the same quarter a year ago. On a year-over-year basis, same-store sales from cafeterias rose 2.7%, culinary contract services revenue was up 5.7%, and Fuddruckers locations added $19.6 million to total restaurant sales.Looking ahead, the company said it is well positioned for profitable growth. Although, food commodity cost increases could have a material adverse impact on margins, significant increases in guest numbers, and a favorable menu mix will support margins and top-line growth. The company believes same-store sales and effective cost management will determine 2011 profitability. Specifically, Fuddruckers is likely to be accretive to Luby's overall profitability.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV