2. Luby's is a holding company engaged in the restaurant business with culinary contract services and franchise operations. The company operates Luby's cafeterias (96), Fuddruckers and Koo-Koo-Roo stores (59), and culinary contract services (19), as of second quarter 2011.
Both the analysts covering the stock rate a buy and estimate 38.8% upside to $6.8 from current levels.
For 2011 second quarter, revenue from restaurant sales grew $21 million, or 41.3% to $71.8 million from the same quarter a year ago. On a year-over-year basis, same-store sales from cafeterias rose 2.7%, culinary contract services revenue was up 5.7%, and Fuddruckers locations added $19.6 million to total restaurant sales.Looking ahead, the company said it is well positioned for profitable growth. Although, food commodity cost increases could have a material adverse impact on margins, significant increases in guest numbers, and a favorable menu mix will support margins and top-line growth. The company believes same-store sales and effective cost management will determine 2011 profitability. Specifically, Fuddruckers is likely to be accretive to Luby's overall profitability.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV