5. China Lodging Group, through its subsidiaries, operates economy hotel chains in China. The hotel company has 243 leased-and-operated hotels and 195 franchised-and-managed hotels, as of Dec. 31, 2010. Moreover, as of the same date, it has 9 leased-and-operated hotels and 93 franchised-and-managed hotels under development.
The 10 analysts covering the stock recommend a buy. On average, analysts estimate a 34.7% upside to $25.0 from current levels.
For the latest fourth quarter, the company reported earnings of $5.3 million, or 9 cents per share, as compared to $3.0 million, or 6 cents per share in the year-ago quarter. Also, revenue for the period soared 29.2% to $72.5 million. During the quarter, the company launched 70 hotels, closing 2010 with 438 hotels in 65 cities across China. Earnings for 2010 stood at $32.7 million on revenue of $278.5 million. Meanwhile, RevPar for 2010 increased 12% year-over-year.Heading into first quarter 2011, China Lodging expects net revenue of $62.4 to $65.5 million, up 20%-26% from the first quarter of 2010. Revenue growth for full-year 2011 is expected between 34% and 38%, compared to $278.5 million recorded in 2010. Furthermore, to leverage Chinese consumers growing penchant for travel, the company plans to add 200 new hotels. As per a traveldailynews.com research report China Tourism Industry Forecast to 2012, domestic travel is likely to boom in China during the period 2011-2013. Meanwhile, emarketer.com pegs online travel bookings in China at $15.4 billion in 2011, zooming from $1.5 billion recorded in 2006. China--the world's fourth top destination for tourism--plans to build more hotels and motels across the country to meet rising demand.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV