Blockbuster Mailbag: What Happens to Shareholders?
(Clarification: If Blockbuster receives a high enough bid there could be some proceeds left for shareholders.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Blockbuster (BLOAQ.PK), it seems is safe from liquidation, after a court decided last week the movie rental chain can proceed with an auction to sell the company.
But this move has left shareholders wondering: what happens to those investors who are still holding onto Blockbuster's pink sheets?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV