Stocks End Lower on Japan Nuclear Crisis
Ian Shepherdson of High Frequency Economics noted that the damage done to Japanese ports could make trade disturbances more likely but expects the overall impact from the disaster on the United States to be small.
"The importance of trade with Japan has been trending down for many years as a result of Japan's depression," the economist wrote in his daily note.
"The Japanese economy will be even weaker after the quake than before, though U.S. companies exporting capital equipment might enjoy a boost from reconstruction work. We simply don't know for how long the flow of goods to
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV