HARRISBURG, Pa., March 14, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Worldwide industrial services and engineered products company Harsco Corporation (NYSE:HSC) announced today its receipt of two additional railway track maintenance equipment orders from China metro transit system operators totaling close to $11 million.
The orders from the Suzhou and Guangfo Metros continue Harsco's growing rail equipment presence in China. Both orders call for Harsco's 20-stone rail grinders, a configuration ideally suited to the needs of urban metro systems with fully integrated, on-board diagnostics to simplify maintenance and minimize downtime in high-volume rapid transit roles. The units will be used by both metro lines to restore and maintain rail profiles for smoother travel at higher speeds while reducing fuel consumption and operating costs. The 20-stone designation refers to the number of grinding heads, each of which can be individually aligned to grind precise rail profiles.
Scheduled for delivery in 2012, the orders add to Harsco Rail's global backlog as one of the world's leading providers of equipment and service solutions for total track maintenance.Harsco Corporation is a diversified industrial services company serving global industries that are fundamental to worldwide infrastructure development, including metals, construction, railways and energy. Harsco's common stock is a component of the S&P MidCap 400 Index and the Russell 1000 Index. Additional information can be found at www.harsco.com. The Harsco Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=361
CONTACT: Investor Contact Eugene M. Truett 717.975.5677 firstname.lastname@example.org Media Contact Kenneth D. Julian 717.730.3683 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV