PHH Corporation Stock Downgraded (PHH)
- PHH CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PHH CORP reported lower earnings of $0.86 versus $2.75 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.62 versus $0.86).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$1,231.00 million or 403.95% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. When compared to other companies in the Diversified Financial Services industry and the overall market, PHH CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 5.17 and currently higher than the industry average, implying that there is very poor management of debt levels within the company.
- PHH has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 5.68% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.