DALLAS and CAESAREA, Israel, March 11, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zion Oil & Gas, Inc. (Nasdaq:ZN) (Nasdaq:ZNWAW) (Nasdaq:ZNWAZ) today announced that 100,600 of its publicly traded warrants quoted under the symbol ZNWAW were exercised under the program whereby holders could exercise warrants at $4, versus the $7 exercise price provided by the original terms of the warrants, generating cash of $402,400 for Zion. The reduced exercise price program, which was in effect since January 3, 2011, expired on March 7, 2011, and the original exercise price of $7 has been reinstituted for all remaining unexercised warrants with the symbol ZNWAW. Warrants (with symbol ZNWAW) for 506,079 shares remain outstanding and continue to be exercisable through January 31, 2012.
Concurrently, Zion received an additional $301,040 in cash from warrant exercises of its other publicly traded warrants trading under the symbol ZNWAZ, which were issued in connection with the closing of Zion's most recent rights offering and were first quoted in December 2010. Warrants (with symbol ZNWAZ) for 3,567,561 shares, which are exercisable at $4 through December 31, 2012, remain outstanding.
Richard Rinberg, CEO of Zion, stated, "We temporarily reduced the exercise price on our ZNWAW warrants in order to both raise funds for our exploration work in Israel and be fair to all of Zion's investors. We are glad to have afforded this opportunity to our investors."Zion is currently drilling its Ma'anit-Joseph #3 well in Northern Israel and has reached a drilling depth of approximately 14,576 feet (4,443 meters). The Ma'anit-Joseph #3 well has targets in both the Triassic and the Permian geological zones. The primary target is a Permian age formation, expected at a depth of over 19,000 feet (5,790 meters), making the Ma'anit-Joseph #3 well one of the deepest wells ever drilled onshore Israel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV