Guggenheim Solar Energy ETF (TAN) -2.4%
The solar energy industry is taking a hit, retreating back to levels seen prior to the fund's 2011 run up.
Though gut-wrenching, TAN's back-and-forth performance in 2011 is not surprising given the volatile nature of the alternative energy industry. Investors willing to try their luck with this fund will want to keep exposure small.
Global X/InterBolsa FTSE Colombia 20 ETF (GXG) -1.9%The Colombian markets are taking a hit today as oil prices get knocked. GXG's index is heavily weighted towards the energy industry with top holding Ecopetrol (EC) representing over 16% of the fund's total portfolio. In total, oil and gas companies represent more than a third of GXG's index. All prices as of 2:15 PM EST Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV