NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Welcome to Don Dion's Daily ETF Winners and Losers. Be sure to stop by each day to get a feel of who's winning and who's losing when it comes to ETFs.
Global X Silver Miners ETF (SIL) 2.6%
A wide range of miner-focused ETFs are gaining ground. Leading the way higher are precious metal-related funds such as SIL and the Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ).
LosersWisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity ETF (DXJ) -3.6% The Japanese markets are taking a hit in response to the devastating earthquake and tsunami which it the nation late this week. While pressure can be felt across Japan-related ETFs, the DXJ is feeling the brunt of the pain. While Japanese equities are getting battered, the yen is seeing positive action. During early afternoon trading, the CurrencyShares Japanese Yen Trust (FXY) was up 1.2% In the days ahead, DXJ and the iShares MSCI Japan Index Fund (EWJ) will likely prove volatile as the nation takes steps to rebuild. The funds, however, should not be wiped from the radar. Japan has proven in recent weeks to be a popular destination for investors looking for developed market exposure. As the recovery takes hold, this nation could once again become a region of interest for those looking to protect against market turmoil in the emerging world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV