Residents gather at the Okumamachi Town Hall to evacuate from the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant area in Okumamachi, northern Japan.
Tens of thousands of residents were evacuated from Okumamachi, Japan after tremors from Friday's quake blew out the cooling system at Tokyo Electric Power's Fukushima power plant about 160 miles north of Tokyo.
Water levels in Unit 2 of the nuclear reactor dropped sharply for a second time on Monday, increasing the risk of radiation, as well as the possibility of a meltdown."Units 1 and 3 are at least somewhat stabilized for the time being," Nuclear and Industrial Agency official Ryohei Shiomi said, AP reported. "Unit 2 now requires all our effort and attention."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV