Japan Defense Force personnel help people go through the flooded area by boats in Ishinomaki in Miyagi, Japan.
Thousands of residents have been lost their homes, while many others are without electricity or water.
More than 76,000 buildings were damaged in Friday's distasters, at least 6,300 of which were completely destroyed, CNN reported citing Japan's NHK public broadcaster.Roads and railways throughout much of Japan's northeast region have been damaged or destroyed. Prime Minister Kan said that Japan's future would be decided by its response to the disaster.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV