Fujiko Chiba is rescued by Japan Ground Self-Defense Force members in Ishinomaki, Miyagi, on Tuesday after being stranded in an isolated evacuation center for days following Friday's earthquake and tsunami.
Nearly 500,000 people have been evacuated from 10 prefectures in Japan, CNN reported citing Mainichi newspaper.
Hundreds of people are stranded in isolated areas and have no access to food as they wait for help.More than 3,000 deaths have been confirmed in the wake of the subsequent disasters. Officials are still unable to reach over 15,000 people to know whether they are safe, CNN reported, citing public broadcaster NHK .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV