Everett, Wash.-based Zumiez said it expects between breakeven results and a loss of 3 cents a share for the April-ending quarter. The current average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for a profit of a penny per share in the period.
The stock was last quoted at $26.91, down 7%, on volume of around 25,000, according to Nasdaq.com. Based on a regular session close at $28.18, the shares are up nearly 36% in the past year but they haven't participated in the broad market's rally of the past three months as its 52-week high of $33.13 dates back to early December.
For its fiscal first quarter ended in January, Zumiez posted a profit of $15 million, or 49 cents a share, as sales grew 18% year-over-year to $156.2 million. The performance edged the consensus view for earnings of 48 cents a share on sales of $155.7 million.
Jamba JuiceJamba Juice (JMBA) was under selling pressure as well late Thursday after the Emeryville, Calif.-based restaurant operator posted a wider than expected loss. The company said it lost $12.2 million, or 21 cents a share, for the three months ended Dec. 28 on revenue of $42.1 million. Wall Street was calling for a loss of 15 cents a share in the quarter. The shares dipped 6.1% to $2.17 on volume of nearly 30,000. Wall Street was mildly bullish on Jamba Juice ahead of the report with four of the six analysts covering the stock at either strong buy (3) or buy (1).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV