Three Big Items To Buy Now
If you were looking for a steal during the first two months of the year, housing wasn't it. A $4,000 jump in the average price of existing homes last year was greeted with a corresponding uptick in rates that Freddie Mac says were at 4.77% for a 30-year fixed mortgage in January and rose to 5.05% by the end of February.
Then March blew in like a lion and all the scary housing market forces retreated like lambs.
Rates fell to 4.88% last week, while existing home prices plummeted by an average of $10,000, to $158,800, well below 2009's new homebuyer-fueled $172,500 and 3.2% lower than during the same period last year. Since each has shown signs of creeping back up, March may be the best opportunity to buy for folks with the means and will to do so."The decision if and when to buy a home is a very personal one and depends on many factors, however," says Stephanie Singer, spokeswoman for the National Association of Realtors. "For buyers who qualify and are ready to assume the responsibilities that come with owning a home, conditions are favorable."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV