Cadillac Escalade isn't a big selling vehicle these days -- it's a symbol of a time when gas prices were not so high.
Interestingly, overall sales of GM full-size utilities, which include the Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe, GMC Yukon and Yukon XL, rose 50% during the month. But Escalade sales fell by 9.8% to 1,279.
"A lot of large SUVs are going down the same path as gas prices rise and consumers move from larger SUVS to smaller CUVs," Toprak said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV