The Toyota (TM) Yaris is a popular small car, benefiting from the rise in fuel prices, but its sales fell sharply in February.
Yaris sales in February fell 53% to 1,946, down from 4,138. In February 2010, Yaris sales fell 13.4% from the same month a year earlier. February 2010 was a month when Toyota's overall sales fell by 8.7% amid widespread publicity around the company's 5.5 million recalls.
Truecar.com analyst Jesse Toprak said consumers may be waiting for a new Yaris. The car "is in its last generation with the 2011 model," he said. "It's expected to be refreshed sometime this year."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV