NASDAQ: CRME TSX: COM
VANCOUVER, March 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Cardiome Pharma Corp. (NASDAQ: CRME) (TSX: COM) today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2010. Amounts, unless specified otherwise, are expressed in U.S. dollars and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles used in the United States of America (U.S. GAAP).
Summary Results for Fiscal 2010 We recorded a net income of $35.5 million ($0.58 basic and diluted income per common share) for the year ended December 31, 2010, compared to $2.4 million ($0.04 basic and diluted income per common share) for the year ended December 31, 2009. The increase of $33.1 million in net income was largely due to recognition of a $30.0 million milestone payment from Merck related to the marketing approval in Europe of vernakalant (iv) and payments from Merck pursuant to the 2009 collaboration and licence agreement. The deferred revenue related to the payments received in 2009 has been fully recognized in 2010. Further contributing to the increase in net income for 2010 were reductions in research and development expenditures and reductions in foreign exchange loss. This was partially offset by an increase in interest expense related to the long-term debt from Merck.
Total revenue for fiscal 2010 was $66.1 million, an increase of $15.9 million from $50.2 million in fiscal 2009.Research and development expenditures were $15.3 million for fiscal 2010, as compared to $26.6 million for fiscal 2009. General and administration expenditures for fiscal 2010 were $12.9 million compared to $15.1 million for fiscal 2009. Amortization was $1.2 million for both fiscal 2010 and fiscal 2009. Net interest expense was $2.0 million for fiscal 2010, compared to insignificant interest income for fiscal 2009. Foreign exchange gain was $0.1 million for fiscal 2010 compared to a loss of $5.2 million for fiscal 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV