Jo-Ann Fabric And Craft Stores Gives More Than $1.9 Million In 2010
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores increased cash and product donations to non-profit organizations to more than $1.9 million in 2010. Additionally, Jo-Ann customers and Team Members showed great generosity, making personal contributions and supporting company-sponsored fundraisers, bringing 2010 total donations to more than $2 million.
“Part of our vision statement is to be the best fabric and craft retail brand for our communities,” noted Darrell Webb, chief executive officer. “We pledge to be loyal to that mission and are pleased to stand by our commitment to making a difference.”
Examples of 2010 giving include:
- Health and Human Services – The American Heart Association (AHA) continues to be a significant recipient of Jo-Ann giving. In 2010, the company and its customers provided more than $183,000 to the AHA and various Start! Heart Walk campaigns.
- Education – Supporting education will always be a focus for Jo-Ann. The Kids In Need Foundation’s Teacher Grant program received $25,000, while their Resource Centers were given product donations.
Other philanthropic programs also received monetary and merchandise donations from Jo-Ann including Ronald McDonald House Charities and Goodwill Industries International, Inc. “It’s great to be able to impact such worthwhile organizations,” said Webb.Upcoming Support Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores plans to expand its corporate giving program in 2011 with the creation of a community aid program at its distribution centers in Hudson, Ohio; Opelika, Ala.; and Visalia, Calif. About Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (NYSE: JAS) the nation’s largest fabric and craft retailer with locations in 48 states, was founded in 1943 as a single retail store. Today, more than 750 Jo-Ann stores across the country provide consumers with creative inspiration. For additional information, visit www.Joann.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV