British American Tobacco
The last year was a strong one for shares of British American Tobacco (BTI). This international tobacco stock has seen its value climb more than 13% in the trailing 12 months, in addition to the hefty 4.6% dividend yield being enjoyed by shareholders. But for traders hoping to catch a ride on BTI's momentum, I'd suggest hanging on.
That's because BTI is right on the verge of being overextended right now. Shares broke above resistance last month, signaling a buy signal to traders, but since then, the stock hasn't had a chance to cool off and absorb that overbought momentum. If you're interested in becoming a buyer of BTI, wait for a retest of some form of support first.
A return to $77 -- followed by a bounce higher -- would be a good buying opportunity for long-side investors. Barring that, wait for a bit of sideways consolidation before adding on shares. BTI needs to form a base right now.BTI is one of the highest-yielding tobacco stocks, as well as one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated tobacco stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV