Siga Stock Gaps Down On Today's Open (SIGA)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Siga Technologies (Nasdaq:SIGA) were gapping down Thursday morning with an open price 11% lower than Wednesday's closing price. The stock closed at $15.29 Wednesday and opened today's trading at $13.61. The average volume for Siga has been 407,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Siga has a market cap of $718.7 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 9.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. SIGA Technologies, Inc., a bio-defense company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of products for use in defense against biological warfare agents comprising smallpox and arenaviruses. TheStreet Ratings rates Siga as hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. You can view the full Siga Ratings Report. Get more investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV