Tompkins Financial Corporation (NYSE Amex: TMP) has been recognized for superior performance by KBW (Keefe, Bruyette & Woods), a full-service investment bank widely recognized as a leading authority in the banking industry. Tompkins was one of 40 banks posting a ten-year record that met the KBW criteria for inclusion on its 2010 “Bank Honor Roll.”
“We are very pleased to receive this recognition from KBW,” said Stephen S. Romaine, Tompkins Financial President and CEO. “It is gratifying that our company’s commitment to a strategy of long-term sustainable growth has been successful, even during the challenging economic environment of recent years.”
According to KBW, more than 400 publicly-traded banks with at least $500 million in total assets were screened for inclusion on the 2010 “Bank Honor Roll” based on the following criteria:
- No annual loss reported in net income per share before extraordinary items over the past 10 years.
- 2010 annual reported net income per-share before extraordinary items equal to or greater than peak net income per-share over the past 10 years.
- Consecutive increases in net income per-share before extraordinary items since 2009.
In its industry update of March 1, 2011, KBW stated that “Bank Honor Roll” companies significantly outperformed both the banking industry and the overall stock market during the five-year period between 2005 and 2010.About Tompkins Financial Corporation Tompkins Financial is a financial services holding company headquartered in Ithaca, NY with $3.3 billion in assets. It trades on NYSE-Amex under the “TMP” symbol. Tompkins Financial provides banking services through its three community banks – Tompkins Trust Company, The Bank of Castile, and Mahopac National Bank, insurance through Tompkins Insurance Agencies, and wealth management through Tompkins Financial Advisors. About KBW KBW operates in the U.S., Europe and Asia through its broker dealer subsidiaries, Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, Inc., Keefe, Bruyette & Woods Limited and Keefe, Bruyette & Woods Asia Limited. It also offers asset management services through KBW Asset Management, Inc. Founded in 1962, the firm is widely recognized as a leading authority in the banking, insurance, brokerage, asset management, mortgage banking, real estate and specialty finance sectors. The firm has established industry-leading positions in the areas of research, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions as well as sales and trading in equities of financial services companies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV