NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- ReneSola (SOL), Trina Solar (TSL), JA Solar Holdings (JASO), China Sunergy (CSUN), GT Solar International (SOLR), Yingli Green Energy Holding (YGE), LDK Solar (LDK), Jinko Solar (JKS), Canadian Solar (CSIQ) and SunPower (SPWRA) are solar stocks offering upsides of up to 108%, according to analysts' 12-month price targets.
In comparison, integrated oil and gas majors ExxonMobil (XOM), Total (TOT), BP (BP), ConocoPhillips (COP) and Chevron (CVX) have upsides of -4% to 15%, according to consensus estimates of 12-month target prices.
The solar sector's long-term prospects are intact, as per industry experts. Currently, solar energy accounted for less than 0.1% in the overall energy mix in the U.S. The contribution could grow to around 10% of the country's power needs by 2025, according to Clean Edge, a research and advisory firm dedicated to the clean energy sector.
The following 10 solar stocks have buy ratings in the range of 38%-86% and are expected to gain up to 108% over the next 12 months with a mean upside value of around 43%, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV