INDIANAPOLIS, March 10, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hurco Companies, Inc., (Nasdaq:HURC) today reported for its first quarter ended January 31, 2011, net income of $1,546,000, or $0.24 per diluted share, as compared to a net loss of $1,836,000, or $(0.29) per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2010.
Sales and service fees for the first quarter of fiscal 2011 totaled $39,680,000, an increase of $19,064,000, or 92%, from the first quarter of fiscal 2010. The effect of a stronger U.S. dollar when translating foreign sales to U.S. dollars for financial reporting purposes had a negative impact of approximately 5%, or $1,073,000, on the period-to-period comparison.
The following table sets forth net sales and service fees by geographic region for the first quarter of fiscal 2011 and 2010 (in thousands):
|Net Sales and Service Fees by Geographic Region|
|Three Months Ended|
|North America||$ 13,462||$ 6,101||121%|
|Total||$ 39,680||$ 20,616||92%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV