BlackRock Advisors, LLC today announced that the Board of Directors/Trustees (the “Board”) for its Closed-End Funds recently approved changes to certain non-fundamental investment objectives and policies for each of BlackRock Dividend Achievers TM Trust (NYSE:BDV), BlackRock Strategic Dividend Achievers TM Trust (NYSE:BDT) and BlackRock Enhanced Dividend Achievers TM Trust (NYSE:BDJ) (collectively, the “Funds”).
As a result of these policy changes, the Funds will no longer use Mergent’s Dividend Achievers TM as the underlying universe for investment in equity securities. Instead, each Fund will broaden its investment guidelines to investing across the broader spectrum of dividend paying equities.
The Funds’ current and amended non-fundamental policies are as follows:
|Current and Amended Policy|
|BDV, BDT,BDJ||Under normal market conditions, at least 80% of the Fund’s total assets will beinvested in equity securities that have been identified as “Dividend Achievers TM” byMergent, Inc., a third-party provider of market data services.||Under normal market conditions, at least 80% of the Fund’stotal assets will be invested in dividend paying equities.|
|BDT||Under normal market conditions, at least 80% of the Fund’s total assets will beinvested in equities of small- and mid- capitalization companies that are DividendAchievers TM.||Under normal market conditions, at least 80% of the Fund’stotal assets will be invested in small- and mid-capitalization companies, as defined by the Russell MidCap Index.|
Similarly, the investment strategy described in the Funds’ non-fundamental investment objectives or investment policies, as the case may be for each Fund, has been modified to remove reference to “above average” dividend paying equities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV