Emcore Stock Gaps Down On Today's Open (EMKR)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Emcore Corporation (Nasdaq:EMKR) were gapping down Wednesday morning with an open price 12.6% lower than Tuesday's closing price. The stock closed at $3.09 Tuesday and opened today's trading at $2.70. The average volume for Emcore has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Emcore has a market cap of $267.2 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 184.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EMCORE Corporation provides compound semiconductor-based components and subsystems for the fiber optics and solar power markets. The company operates in two segments, Fiber Optics and Photovoltaics. TheStreet Ratings rates Emcore as sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been poor profit margins. You can view the full Emcore Ratings Report. Get more investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV