Fourth Quarter and Full-Year Highlights:
- Net income of $5.7 million for the full-year 2010, a 447% increase over 2009
- New equipment lease originations growth of 51% year-over-year
- Strong capital position, equity to assets leverage ratio of 34.2%
- Total risk-based capital of 40.84%
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J., March 8, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Marlin Business Services Corp. (Nasdaq:MRLN) today reported fourth quarter 2010 net income of $1.4 million, or $0.11 per diluted share. Net income for the full-year 2010 was $5.7 million, or $0.44 per diluted share.
"We're very excited with the momentum build of our business," says Daniel P. Dyer, Marlin's CEO. "This quarter we posted another solid gain in new lease asset origination and customer account growth. Asset quality remains very strong as demonstrated by the favorable charge-off and delinquency trends throughout 2010. Looking ahead to 2011, we are well positioned to serve the growing credit needs of small and mid-sized businesses led by a financially strong, well-capitalized balance sheet and the overall strength of our funding platform led by Marlin Business Bank. As an industry leader, our service oriented approach to serving customers will pave the way to continued profitable growth in the future," says Dyer.Fourth quarter 2010 lease production was $42.9 million, based on initial equipment cost, up 19.8% from $35.8 million for the third quarter of 2010. For the full-year 2010, lease equipment volume reached $134.0 million versus $88.9 million for the full-year 2009, representing an increase of 51%. Approval rates on lease originations were 54% for the fourth quarter of 2010 and 50% for the full-year 2010. The average implicit yield on new lease production was 13.98% in the fourth quarter of 2010. Net interest and fee margin was 12.10% for the fourth quarter of 2010 compared to 12.26% in the third quarter of 2010 and 10.28% a year ago.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV