CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa, March 8, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- United Fire & Casualty Company (Nasdaq:UFCS), parent company of United Fire Group, is pleased to announce that Michael J. Sheeley has been promoted to vice president and chief operating officer of our subsidiary company, United Life Insurance Company. In this position, Mike will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our life insurance segment, providing leadership and direction to a 50-member staff and an agency force over 2,700 agents strong.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=8849
Mike has been a member of our company since 1985. He has served in various capacities at United Fire, most recently as assistant vice president and personal lines underwriting manager. Mike has more than 25 years of experience in the insurance industry and holds a business management degree from the University of Northern Iowa."With over 22 years of management experience for United Fire Group, Mike understands our corporate culture and has already established relationships with a portion of our agency force," said President and CEO Randy Ramlo. "He has proven himself by producing profitable results and premium growth while successfully managing his departmental budget. "Mike is an enthusiastic and dependable individual with strong communication skills. He is an energetic and dynamic leader who has demonstrated his abilities both in the industry and his community. I am confident that his positive attitude and leadership abilities will complement the successfulness of United Life. I know he is eager to further develop his knowledge of our life insurance company and will put forth any needed effort to accomplish this, while providing guidance and support to the staff and our agents."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV