3. LyondellBasell (LYB): LyondellBasell is very popular among hedge funds. Since its market cap is much smaller than giant banks or tech companies, hedge funds amassed a 13% share in LYB. There were 99 hedge funds with LYB positions at the end of December and they spent a net $2.5 billion on LYB during the fourth quarter. Notable hedge funds with LYB holdings are Daniel Loeb's Third Point, Tom Steyer's Farallon Capital, David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital, and Andreas Halvorsen's Viking Global are among the hedge funds with LYB positions.
4. JPMorgan (JPM): Hedge funds, 164 of them, own 4% of JPM's outstanding shares. During the fourth quarter, they spent $1.8 billion to place their bullish bets. Steven Mandel, John Griffin, Bill Miller, and Lee Ainslie are among the high profile hedge fund managers invested in JPM.
5. Google (GOOG): There are 164 hedge funds with a combined $6.5 billion investment in Google. They spent $1.6 billion during fourth quarter. Lee Ainslie's Maverick, Roberto Mignone's Bridger Management, Jim Simons' Renaissance, Andreas Halvorsen's Viking, and Jonathan Auerbach's Hound Partners are among the hedge funds that are bullish about Google.
6. Genzyme (GENZ): There are 91 hedge funds invested in Genzyme. They spent an additional $1.2 billion during the fourth quarter. Genzyme is a merger arbitrage play.7. Hewlett Packard (HPQ): Hedge funds spent around $1 Billion to acquire HPQ shares during the fourth quarter. Bill Miller, Lee Ainslie, David Tepper, Jim Simons, and Leon Cooperman are among the prominent investors with large HPQ holdings. 8. Cisco (CSCO): Cisco is another battered down stock hedge funds poured in $1 Billion during the last quarter of 2010. John Burbank, David Tepper, and Leon Cooperman think CSCO is undervalued. 9. Williams Cos Inc (WMB): This is one of Steven Cohen's favorite stocks in 2011. There are 74 other hedge fund managers who agree with Steven Cohen. They spent $1 billion during fourth quarter to buy WMB shares. Now, hedge funds own 14% of outstanding shares. 10. Teva Pharmaceutical (TEVA): This is another stock hedge funds spent $1 Billion during fourth quarter. John Griffin, Lee Ainslie, George Soros, and Jim Simons are all bullish about TEVA. This article was originally published on Insider Monkey. >To see these stocks in action, visit the 10 Stocks Hedge Funds Are Buying Like Crazy portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV