Additionally, Hong Kong Airlines, parent of China's fourth-biggest airline Hainan Airlines, said it would buy 32 787s and six 777 freighters. The deals were announced at the Hong Kong Air Show.
Air China, flag carrier of the People's Republic of China, will use the airplanes to expand its international routes. "Air China has been operating 747s since the 1980s," said He Li, vice president of Air China, in a prepared statement. The deal requires Chinese government approval.
The 747-8 will carry 467 passengers in a three-class configuration. It includes a new wing design, an upgraded flight deck and roomy interior features from the 787.Lufthansa, the first 747-8 customer, is scheduled to take delivery in the fourth quarter. The
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV