(1) Dial-in: (888) 935-4575 or (212) 444-0412; Passcode: 3491512
Please dial in at least 10 minutes prior to 10:30 a.m. Eastern Time to ensure a prompt start to the call.
(2) Live Internet webcast and slide presentation: http://www.globalshiplease.com
About Global Ship Lease Global Ship Lease is a containership charter owner. Incorporated in the Marshall Islands, Global Ship Lease commenced operations in December 2007 with a business of owning and chartering out containerships under long-term, fixed rate charters to world class container liner companies. Global Ship Lease owns 17 vessels with a total capacity of 66,297 TEU with an average age, weighted by TEU capacity, at December 31, 2010 of 6.8 years. All of the current vessels are fixed on long-term charters to CMA CGM with an average remaining term of 8.1 years, or 9.3 years on a weighted basis. Reconciliation of Non-U.S. GAAP Financial Measures A. EBITDA EBITDA represents Net income (loss) before interest income and expense including amortization of deferred finance costs, realized and unrealized gain (loss) on derivatives, income taxes, depreciation, amortization and impairment charges. EBITDA is a non-US GAAP quantitative measure used to assist in the assessment of the Company's ability to generate cash from its operations. We believe that the presentation of EBITDA is useful to investors because it is frequently used by securities analysts, investors and other interested parties in the evaluation of companies in our industry. EBITDA is not defined in US GAAP and should not be considered to be an alternate to Net income (loss) or any other financial metric required by such accounting principles.
If you are unable to participate at this time, a replay of the call will be available through Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at (866) 932-5017 or (347) 366-9565. Enter the code 3491512 to access the audio replay. The webcast will also be archived on the Company's website: http://www.globalshiplease.com .
|EBITDA - UNAUDITED|
|(thousands of U.S. dollars)|
|Dec 31,||Dec 31,||Dec 31,||Dec 31,|
|Net income (loss)||1,226||12,348||(3,971)||42,374|
|Impairment charge (1)||17,082||--||17,082||--|
|Realized and unrealized (gain) loss on interest rate derivatives||(7,367)||(702)||32,049||(4,806)|
|(1) Under US GAAP, following the agreement to convert purchase obligations on two 4,250 TEU vessels into options, an impairment charge totalling $17.1 million has been recognised in the quarter ended December 31, 2010 comprised $15.5 million released deposits, $1.3 million interest capitalised thereon and $0.3 million other predelivery capital expenditure.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV