In connection with the amended credit facility Global Ship Lease may not pay dividends to common shareholders, instead using its cash flow to prepay borrowings under the credit facility. Global Ship Lease can resume dividends after November 30, 2010 and once the loan-to-value is at or below 75%, when the prepayment of borrowings becomes fixed at $10 million per quarter.
In the year ended December 31, 2010 a total of $55.4 million has been prepaid leaving a balance outstanding of $532.8 million. The Company estimates that a further $44.5 million will be prepaid in the year ending December 31, 2011.
Dividend Global Ship Lease has agreed with its lenders that it will not declare or pay any dividend to common shareholders until the later of November 30, 2010 and when loan-to-value is at or below 75%. The Board of Directors will review the dividend policy when appropriate.
Fleet Utilization The table below shows fleet utilization for the three months and year ended December 31, 2010 and for the three months and year ended December 31, 2009 and for the year ended December 31, 2008. Unplanned offhire in the year ended December 31, 2009 includes 18 days for drydock and associated repairs following a grounding and a seven day deviation to land a sick crew member.
|Three months ended||Year ended||ended|
|Dec 31,||Dec 31,||Dec 31,||Dec 31,||Dec 31,|
|Planned offhire - scheduled drydock||--||(16)||--||(32)||(15)|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV