Internet Gold (NASDAQ Global Select Market and TASE: IGLD) today reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2010 together with its cash position and loan repayment status as of December 31, 2010.
Progress in Loan Repayment Plan
As of December 31, 2010, Internet Gold’s 76.78% owned subsidiary B Communications Ltd. exceeded its original plan for the repayment of the debt it incurred to fund its April 2010 acquisition of the controlling interest (approximately 30%) in Bezeq - The Israel Telecommunication Corp., Ltd. (“Bezeq”). From April 14, 2010 through December 31, 2010, B Communications repaid NIS 892 million (US$ 251 million) principal amount of debt.
Internet Gold’s Unconsolidated Cash PositionAt December 31, 2010, Internet Gold’s cash and cash equivalents totaled NIS 256 million (US$ 72 million) and its total unconsolidated debt was NIS 901 million (US$ 254 million). This reflected the following events:
- Successful placement of NIS 170 million in debentures: On September 28, 2010, Internet Gold issued NIS 170 million (US $48 million) of Series C debentures. These debentures carry a 4.45% fixed annual interest rate, are linked to the Israeli CPI, and are listed for trade on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
- Successful Exchange of Series B Debentures for Series C Debentures: On December 19, 2010, the Company issued an additional NIS 148 million (US $42 million) of Series C debentures, and exchanged them for approximately 19% of its outstanding Series B Debentures. The goal of this transaction was to improve the Company’s liquidity, the average duration of its debentures and its cash position after the Bezeq transaction.
- Successful placement of NIS 134 million in Debentures in February 2011: On February 28, 2011, the Company raised an additional NIS 134 million (US $38 million) through the issuance of additional Series C debentures.
|As of December 31, 2010 (NIS millions)||As of December 31, 2010 (US$ millions)|
|Short term liabilities||131||37|
|Long term liabilities||770||217|
|Cash and cash equivalents||256||72|
|Total net debt||640||180|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV